A sneaky 3pm hint of tastiness…
From the Shop Yum
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (42g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Monte Rosso Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
- 250gm Butter (room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups Icing Sugar
- 1 Tbs Milk
- ½ Tsp Salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Line a second pan with 2 liners – this recipe makes about 14 cupcakes. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk. Gently whisk for a few seconds. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk. Stir until *just* combined; do not overmix. The batter will be thin.
- Pour or spoon the batter into the liners. Fill only halfway (Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Icing tips, Beat the butter until light & fluffy, then add the icing sugar and add all other ingredients until the icing is well combined.Decorate cupcakes as you please! ENJOY!